Market Analyst - NS
Leading a new evolution in plant science that improves predictability in agriculture, TruLeaf is using innovative Smart Plant Systems® technology to leverage multi-level farming to create efficient, controlled indoor farms that can be located anywhere from the heart of an urban centre to remote locations or harsh climate areas.
More than plant growers; TruLeaf is a multi-disciplinary team with world-leading expertise in plant science, environmental controls, new product development, marketing and supply chain management. By combining proven agricultural technologies with their own innovations, they are pioneering proprietary, world-leading processes and plant recipes with exciting commercial possibilities across multiple industries.
TruLeaf is currently seeking an experienced Market Analyst to join our growing multidisciplinary team of professionals in our Bedford, Nova Scotia office. This is a newly created, hands-on position, to directly support the organization in the decision-making process in regards to the Ag Tech industry, licensing, and new product development. The successful market researcher will be able to autonomously analyze qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods of collection
- Build statistical models incorporating business actions and macroeconomic impacts to explain and
- forecast time-series data
- Provide regular and ad-hoc analyses and presentations to different levels of audience, including
- senior executives
- Recommend and implement data modelling techniques for forecasting and insight for the business,
- including A/B or multivariate testing
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends,
- pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and
- the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties research and implement best practice.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business, Finance or Marketing
- 5+ years of Business Analytics work experience considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, R, Python, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with the ability to translate data into effective presentations
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
To express interest in this opportunity all candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TruLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.